As Philippine Government authorities may not be aware of the marriage of Filipinos abroad, the Filipino contracting party to a marriage solemnized abroad has to file the registration of his/her foreign marriage at the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General with jurisdiction over the place of marriage.

The act of registration of the foreign marriage at the Philippine Embassy/Consulate should ideally be reported within thirty (30) days of its occurrence abroad.

Who May File

The person or party seeking to report this vital event acts as the informant for the purpose of registering the facts of marriage in the civil registry records of the Philippine Consulate.

For marriages involving a Philippine citizen solemnized abroad, the Filipino contracting party is the most common informant. The foreign spouse may also file the registration of marriage, provided he/she submits all the requisite documents in addition to sufficient information regarding the particulars of his/her Philippine spouse.

For further information, you may call 2266 8774-76 local nos. 16 or 21 or 23.


Informants should prepare the following documents in four (4) sets by bringing the original documents and three (3) photocopies. In all cases, the consular officer reserves the right to require additional documents to confirm the details and facts of marriage, as well as the relationship of the informant to the principal parties.

  1. Official record / Certificate of Marriage (Evlenme Kayıt Örneĝi FORMUL B) issued from the City/Municipality Civil Registrar (Nűfűs Műdűrlűĝű) with English translation, providing complete details about the fact of marriage, identifying the contracting parties, witnesses (if any), including the name and title of the solemnizing foreign official / religious authority.

      Copy of International/Multi-lingual (Red) Book of the Family (Uluslararası Aile Cűzdanı/Lıvret de Famılle lnternational) pages 1 to 7

  2. Valid identification document of informant seeking to register the vital event and proof of legal authority to transact and file the registration on behalf of the principal(s) as applicable.
  3. Valid identification documents of the contracting parties / married couple one of whom should be a citizen of the Philippines at the time of marriage. (i.e. copy of passport)
  4. Duly filled-out Report of Marriage form in English, which shall be subscribed and sworn to by the informant. This document is available at the Downloads section of this website.
  5. Consular processing fee for registration of marriage. (Please refer to the schedule of fees for the correct amount.)

Distribution of Copies
One (1) copy of the report will be given to the informant/registrant or contracting parties.
One (1) copy of the report will be submitted by the Philippine Embassy to the Office of the Civil Registrar General (NSO/PSA) in the Philippines.
One (1) copy of the report will be submitted by the Philippine Embassy to the Civil Registration Division of the DFA Office of Consular Affairs.
One (1) copy of the report will be retained by the Philippine Embassy in Ankara.


If the vital event (marriage) being sought for registration has occurred beyond one (1) year, the application is deemed delayed. The informant is required to submit an affidavit explaining the delay in filing for registration. A template for this affidavit of delayed registration is available at the Downloads section of this website. 

A separate fee will be collected for the notarization of this affidavit.

Furthermore, a posting period of ten days is required for delayed applications for registration of vital events pursuant to Rule 13 of Administrative Order No.1 s.1993 (Implementing Rules and Regulations of Act No.3753 and Other Laws on Civil Registration), after which, the registration may be approved if no opposition is received from concerned parties.