1) Duly filled-out application form. (Passport Form No.2)
2) Last issued ePassport booklet (expired/unexpired) with photocopy of data page
3) Original and photocopy of PSA authenticated documents that will support the change of name as applicable:

•For married applicant who is opting to use her married surname in the renewed passport:
Marriage Contract / Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate

•For previously married applicant who previously used her married surname and is now opting to use her birth name due to dissolution of marriage:
Court Order with Certificate of Finality issued by Philippine Court granting annulment / recognizing foreign divorce / other court-ordered instruction duly authenticated by DFA

•For previously married applicant who is now reverting to her birth name due to death of spouse:
Death Certificate of Spouse (duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate if this is a foreign-issued document)

If applicant is a married woman choosing to retain the use of her birth name as it appears in the last issued passport being renewed, a Marriage Contract / Report of Marriage is not required.

4) Personal appearance of passport applicant in decent attire


1) Duly filled-out application form. (Passport Form No.3)
2) Original and photocopy of data page of the last issued ePassport booklet (expired/unexpired)
3) Personal Appearance of minor applicant and either parent or authorized adult companion *
4) Original and photocopy of proof of filiation and/or guardianship
5) Original and photocopy of School ID of the minor passport applicant (if applicable)
6) Original and photocopy of Valid PHL passport or Philippine Government-issued ID of either Filipino parent or valid ID of travelling companion along with its clear photocopy.
7) Original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate if only one parent is accompanying the child.

*If the biological parents are unmarried and the mother is not the travelling companion of the minor applicant, the mother is required to execute and provide an Power-of-Attorney and/or Affidavit of Support and Consent to the passport application of her minor child.

*If parents are married but minor applicant is not accompanied by either parent during the application process:

  • Original Special Power of Attorney executed by the parent/s designating the minor’s companion to assist in the application process. The Special Power of Attorney must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate if executed abroad
  • Original and photocopy of Passport or Valid Government issued ID of authorized adult companion (click here for the List of Acceptable IDs for Passport Application)

If the passport booklet being renewed is not an epassport (i.e Brown/Green hand-scripted, Maroon/machine-readable, or older), the application is treated like a first passport application.

Please see the documentary requirements for a first-time passport applicant for details.

Note: In all instances, the Philippine Embassy reserves the right to require additional support documents to establish the identity and personal particulars of passport applicants in case the passport booklet being renewed is mutilated/bears evidence of tampering, and other extraordinary circumstances evaluated on a case-to-case basis.