I live outside of Turkey and cannot visit the Embassy in Ankara. How can I apply for a visa?

Please send your requirements to the Embassy or Consulate nearest your location, including your passport and a self-addressed envelope, by post (we need your original passport as we will apply the visa sticker onto it).

I want to make sure my visa is approved before I book my flight. Can I send tentative flight details for my visa application?


How long will it take for me to receive a visa?

Processing of visa applications takes ten (10) working days after the receipt of COMPLETE requirements, EXCEPT for visa-required nationals for whom prior authority from the Department of Foreign Affairs is required for issuance of visas. (Visa-required nationals are those who need a visa to visit the Philippines – please see no. 1.) There is also no fixed period for securing prior authority. In all cases, the Embassy offers no assurance that you will be granted a visa.

Someone from the Philippines is visiting me here in Turkey/Azerbaijan/Georgia. How can they get a visa?

Please ask the embassy or consulate of your country covering the Philippines. The Philippine Embassy in Turkey is not involved in the issuance of visas to those wishing to visit Turkey, Azerbaijan or Georgia.

I want to stay in the Philippines more than the 30 visa-free days that I’m allowed. Should I get a visa from the Embassy?

You may do either of the following: (1) apply for a visa at our Embassy for a maximum 59-day stay, or (2) apply to extend your stay directly with the Bureau of Immigration while already in the Philippines and prior to the expiration of your 30 visa-free days (you need a departure ticket within 30 days of arrival to avail of visa-free entry). If you have a departure ticket after more than 30 days of arriving in the Philippines, you need to secure a visa before going to the Philippines.

My minor child is visiting the Philippines on his/her own. Does he/she need to present anything to Philippine immigration?

Under Section 29(a) (12) of the Commonwealth Act No. 613 or the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, for children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by or not joining a parent to be admitted into the Philippines, the applicant's parents must execute a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG), to be submitted at the port of entry. The requirements for WEG may be viewed here:

A WEG is not needed for minors above 15 years old traveling alone.

How long is the validity of the tourist visa that you issue?

The Embassy issues single-entry visas valid for 3 months, and multiple-entry visas valid for 6 months or 1 year. For all visas, visitors are allowed a maximum 59 days per stay (meaning if you have a multiple-entry visa, you will need to exit the and re-enter Philippines after 59 days in the country).

I wish to retire in the Philippines. Do you issue special visas for retirees?

Kindly refer to the website of the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) for information on the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV): The Embassy issues SRRVs on behalf of the PRA.

I am a former Filipino and have acquired a foreign citizenship. Can I still travel to the Philippines without a visa?

Under the Balikbayan Program, former Filipinos are granted visa-free entry into the Philippines for a period of one (1) year, with the exception of visa-required nationals. The privilege is extended to the former Filipino’s spouse and children, provided they are traveling together with the former Filipino to the Philippines.